If you are dealing with an NCC Approved Holiday Park for Home Ownership you are
safe in the knowledge that it makes a conscious and tangible commitment to you
to protect your interests and to operate to best industry practice and maintain
To be an NCC Approved Holiday Park for Home Ownership is to:
- Provide a greater level of consumer protection and rights than is required by
- Deal in an open, honest and fair manner with consumers and suppliers
- Commit to delivering high standards of customer satisfaction
- Operate a process of continuous improvement based on customer feedback
- Follow the basic principles of honesty and integrity in their business relationships.
Independent Redress and Complaint Handling – The Code of
Practice details how the Approved business will meet these commitments
especially with regard to complaint handling in case consumers feel the business
has not met the Code standards;
- Initially all complaints will be considered by the business concerned
- If a mutually agreeable resolution can’t be found, The NCC offers its own
Informal Dispute Resolution services
- If Informal Dispute Resolution is unsuccessful, the unresolved compliant can be
escalated to an Independent Case Examiner (ICE) who will normally make an
- The business is bound to comply with the ICE’s findings
For further information, there is a guidance document available under “Downloads”.
Independent Assessment - Customers can have extra confidence in
buying from an NCC Approved Dealer because each will have had a thorough and
comprehensive on-site evaluation of existing operations against the Code
criteria. This is carried out by an independent assessor and any elements of the
business that do not comply must be rectified and evidenced to the assessor
before Code approval can be granted. Thereafter, the NCC regularly carries out
checks on Approved businesses to ensure that they comply with the Code. These
checks can take the form of mystery shopping, customer satisfaction surveys and
regular desktop and on-site compliance audits.
Independent Governance – Customers can also be assured that the
Code benefits from transparent and independent control; The Code is managed
day-to-day by the NCC and an independent assessor team but are accountable to,
overseen by, an independent Policy Board with consumer interest representation.
The Policy Board is responsible for ensuring compliance standards are maintained
and for applying sanctions if needed.
The UK trade body for the tourer, motorhome, holiday and park home industries